What inspired you to become a Speechie?
I always wanted to work with children and enjoyed studying English and Biology in high school, so becoming a speechie seemed like the perfect job that encompassed all my interests! I am also passionate about making a difference in children’s lives and helping to empower children with the gift of communication.
Who do you like to work with?
Children with a range of communication difficulties including speech, language, fluency (stuttering), literacy, and social skills. I am also interested in working with children and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Developmental Delay, and Intellectual Delay.
Spending time with my family and friends, and playing with my dog Charlie. I also enjoy cooking and trying new things to eat.
Favourite speech games:
Pop-up Pirate and Pop the Pig are definitely my favourites, however I am always on the lookout for new resources to make speech and language therapy sessions engaging and fun!
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Speech Pathology from Australian Catholic University
- Certified Practising Speech Pathologist (CPSP), MSPAA
- The Hanen Centre “It Takes Two to Talk”
- The Hanen Centre “Target Word”
- The Zones of Regulation – Leah Kuypers
- Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders – Sue Larkey