Jocelyn Liu | Senior Occupational Therapist, Clinical Mentor
Jocelyn graduated as an Occupational Therapist from The University of Sydney in 2010.
What inspired you to become an OT?
I have a cousin with Cerebral Palsy. I used to company him to attend his OT sessions. It was very inspirational to see the OT interventions improving my cousin’s functional skills.
Who do you like to work with?
I love working with children. No matter what needs they have, I’m always happy to help. It’s very rewarding to see children making steady progress in their daily life.
I have a strong passion for paediatric occupational therapy and working with children with special needs. I have practiced as a paediatric occupational therapist both in Australia and internationally.
I have worked in community, school, hospital settings and private practice, and have extensive experience treating children with special needs including Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, children with sensory processing disorder, handwriting difficulties, motor and coordination difficulties, developmental delays, and rare genetic disorders.
I am passionate about feeding therapy. I have honed my skills in feeding therapy over the years. I’m more than happy to help the children with fussy eating issues and feeding difficulties. I am trained in the SOS Approach to Feeding and have completed professional culinary training. I have in depth knowledge about food range and variations, and have worked closely with children with fussy eating as well as infants with feeding difficulties.
I’m a foodie. I eat a lot and likes to try new and different foods.
Jocelyn has completed the following courses:
- Ceritified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI)
- SOS Approach to Feeding (Basic Training Course)
- The assessment and treatment of children and teens with OCD, Macquarie University- Sensorimotor Approach to Arousal Regulation And Developmental Trauma – Sheila Frick
- Cool Kids® Child and Adolescent Anxiety Program, Macquarie University
- Building Blocks for Movement and Praxis: Promoting the Development of Movement Skills and Praxis, Teresa A. May-Benson
- Essentials of Praxis Intervention for Children with Autism, Teresa A. May-Benson
- Clinical treatments in Childhood Trauma, International Child Trauma Conference
- M.O.R.E. Integrating the mouth with sensory and postural functions
- Sensory Integration Therapy – Assessment and Treatment
- Handwriting Without Tears® and Get Set for School®. Pre-K and primary program for teaching handwriting skills and remediating handwriting difficulties
- Work, Rest and Play: Ottobock Seating and Mobility Workshop Sydney
- Certified Rainbow Kids Yoga Instructor