What inspired you to become a Speechie?
I wanted to be able to make a difference and have always enjoyed working with children. So becoming a speech pathologist was the perfect fit.
Who do you like to work with?
Children with a range of communication difficulties including speech, language, fluency (stuttering), literacy and social skills. Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Developmental Delay, Intellectual Delay and Cleft Lip and/or Palate.
Spending time with my family and friends (I have a huge family). Dining at restaurants because I love food! I also love travelling and experiencing different cultures.
Favourite speech games:
I like to create new resources and try them with my clients, to keep things interesting – but bubbles and Jumping Jack are my go to games!
- Bachelor of Speech and Hearing Science
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Certified Practising Speech Pathologist, MSPAA
- The Hanen Centre “More Than Words”
- Key Word Sign
- Zooming In: Social thinking by Michelle Garcia Winner