What inspired you to become a Speechie?
My younger cousin was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and I grew up watching how varying specialists, particularly speech pathologists, empowered her by helping her build her communication skills. This inspired me to become a speech pathologist so I could empower others in a similar way.
Who do you like to work with?
Children and adults with a range of communication difficulties including speech, language, fluency (stuttering), literacy, and social skills. Rebecca also loves working with children and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Developmental Delay, and Intellectual Delay.
Seeing live music, going to the movies, collecting vinyl, bushwalking, and watching NRL and the Twenty20.
Favourite speech games:
Building with play-doh, pop-the-pig, and playing “I went to space”.
- Master of Speech and Language Pathology; University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Communications (Writing and Cultural Studies); University of Technology, Sydney.
- Certified Practising Speech Pathologist
- The Hanen Centre “More Than Words”
- Michelle Garcia Winner’s “Social Thinking”
- Key Word Sign