What happens when you come in?
- You will be greeted by our friendly admin superstars!
- You will be given some forms to fill out to give us additional information about your concerns. Please come a few minutes early so that this can occur.
- Initial assessments are comprehensive. Speech / language assessments take up to 90 minutes. Children aged 5+ require an additional 30 minute literacy assessment. Occupational Therapy assessments take 90 minutes.
- Therapy sessions: following the assessment, careful planning of goals occurs. This is always in consultation with parents / carers. Areas of difficulty that were identified in the assessment are targeted, with care being taken to prioritise goals carefully.
- Individualised therapy programs are devised, with goals targeting several areas of delay, thus achieving results faster
- A homework book will be given to your child. In addition to this, strategies to assist getting homework done on the fly will be given.
- It is highly recommended parents sit in on the session and observe. Alternatively, they may remain in the waiting room if preferred, where they will be reported back to.
Services & session times
|Initial Assessment – speech and language including detailed report||90 minutes|
|Assessment of Literacy (ages 5+)||An additional 30 minute appointment after initial assessment|
|Speech Therapy||30 to 60 minutes|
|Initial Occupational Therapy Assessment||90 minutes|
|Occupational Therapy||30 to 60 minutes|
|Social Skills Program||4 to 5 days|
|Sound Warriors Program||4 to 5 days|
|Transition to Kindy Program||4 to 5 days|
|Aquatic OT & Speech Program||5 days|
|Phonological Awareness Program||4 days|
|Story Avengers Program||4 to 5 days|
|Self-Care Program||4 to 5 days|
|Junior Athletes Program||4 to 5 days|
|Progress Report||Price on request|
|Missed Appointment Fee||See below|
NDIS fees – as per current price guide: https://www.ndis.gov.au/providers/price-guides-and-pricing Please note, NSPOT will always follow NDIS’ recommendations for NDIS funded clients when setting fees.
NSPOT requires at least 24 hours’ notice when cancelling booked sessions. Should you need to cancel and are unable to reschedule, a missed appointment fee will be charged. The missed appointment fee will only be waived under the following conditions:
- When notice of at least 24 hours or more is given to our receptionist or office manager.
- For the first two cancellations of each calendar year.
- When you can reschedule your appointment within the same weekly or fortnightly cycle (should you be unable to attend the rescheduled appointment, a missed appointment fee will still apply).
- If your therapist cancels the therapy appointment.
Failing to attend two consecutive appointments, will result in your appointment time being forfeited to another client on the waiting list.
NDIS cancellation fees – as per current price guide: Please note, NSPOT will always follow NDIS’ recommendations for cancellation fees.