What happens when you come in?
- You will be greeted by our friendly front desk team members.
- You will be given some forms to fill out to give us additional information about your concerns. Please come a few minutes early so that this can occur.
- Initial assessments usually run for 60 minutes, but may sometimes go for 90 minutes. During the session, we will do a full assessment, looking at your child’s receptive and expressive language skills, and articulation skills. Stuttering and voice production is also looked at.
- Literacy assessments are conducted on request or may be suggested if information obtained from the assessment or the Case History questionnaire indicate that it be done.
- Therapy sessions – following the assessment, careful planning of goals / in consultation with parents occurs. Areas of difficulty that were identified in the assessment are targeted, with care being taken to prioritise goals carefully.
- Individualised therapy programs are devised, with goals targeting several areas of delay, thus achieving results faster
- A homework book will be established. In addition to this, strategies to assist getting homework done on the fly will be given.
- It is recommended parents sit in and observe. Alternatively, they may remain in the waiting room if preferred, where they will be reported back to.
Services & session times
including Summary Report
|Initial Assessment of Literacy
including Summary Report
|Speech Therapy||30 minutes|
|Occupational Therapy||60 minutes|
|Social Skills Program||4 days|
|Literacy Skills Camp||4 days|
|Transition to Kindy Program||4 days|
|Quatic OT Speech Program||5 days|
|Full Speech Assessment Report||Price on request|
|Progress Report||Price on request|
|Missed Appointment Fee||See below|
NSPOT requires at least 24 hours notice when cancelling booked sessions. Should you need to cancel, and are unable to rebook within the therapy cycle, a missed appointment fee of 50% will be charged. The missed appointment fee will only be waived under the following conditions:
- When notice of at least 24 hours or more is given to our receptionist or office manager.
- For the first two cancellations of each calendar year.
- When you are able to reschedule your appointment within the same weekly or fortnightly cycle (should you be unable to attend the rescheduled appointment, a missed appointment fee will still apply).
- If your therapist cancels the therapy appointment.
Failing to attend two consecutive appointments, will result in your appointment time being forfeited to another client on the waiting list.