Why choose NSPOT as your speech and occupational therapy service provider?
- We were established in 1986, so are able to provide you with experience, stability and the knowledge that our organisation is highly respected in the community.
- Being the first paediatric speech pathology practice in Penrith, we have well established networks amongst most schools, preschools, doctors and specialists.
- We were the first speech pathology practice to commence providing school-based therapy services, and now provide services to almost 20 schools in the greater Penrith area!
- Clinical experience:
- Our Director, Diana Wolf has over 28 years clinical experience.
- Our senior speech pathologist and senior occupational therapist both have at least ten years clinical experience.
- Other team members have a range of experience from 6 months to 4 years.
This large pool of inhouse clinical experience provides an invaluable tool for the onboarding and mentoring of our new graduate and early career speech and occupational therapists. It also ensures that our clients will be treated by knowledgeable therapists who are always supported and encouraged to continue growing both clinically and professionally.
- Our therapists genuinely care about helping their clients achieve their goals of communication, engagement and participation. We will work as a team with you and other service providers associated with your child. We will listen to you and do our best to help your child on their journey to overcome their obstacles.
- We care about your child and want to ensure that therapy sessions are as fun and as interesting as possible.
- We are honest when providing feedback after assessments and through the therapy journey.
- We use standardised assessments that are thorough, and meet state and federal guidelines to access funding, if required.
- We are realistic about limitations in getting homework done. So, in addition to standard homework, we give tips about how to do homework “on the fly”.
- We have extensive experience with all disabilities, but in particular, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). All team members are all trained to work with children with ASD.
- Ongoing mentoring and professional development is provided to all team members on a regular basis. This ensures that our service delivery is always of the highest quality and evidenced based.